Thursday, June 08, 2006

Just one thing needed...

Eleven days to go and we are only missing one major item – A CAR!!!! We thought we had nothing better to do than swap the current lease on the Commodore for another one. Not so! GMH are not releasing their new models until July with Ford following suit. Not a lot of time to test drive other vehicles for trip. Gary DOESN’T believe it’s God telling us to sell the van and have our vacation in Italy!

Lease people kindly sent a Mitsubishi VRX for us to try. The kids and Gary love it. Have I mentioned previously that I don’t handle change very well?! Gary has had his best sermon illustrations over this flaw in my character. I HATE the car. The boot’s smaller, the glove box is smaller, and anything smaller for fourteen weeks is too small! The dash board of a 747 is kinder on the eyes at night – this thing lights up like Luna Park – in iridescent blue no less. Yes – someone did suggest perhaps it could be turned a lighter colour so if there is anyone out there in cyber space with a Mitsubishi VRX – please respond with how? OK – I had to concede it runs much more smoothly and it will be more economical so finally I agreed. Well, again it was 4-1 – against me. (Mental note – check if Gary is bribing children for votes).

Gary rang through to order vehicle and was assured it would arrive the first week in July. HELLO – eleven days and counting. It gets better – guess what? None in stock, OK I admit I’m female and don’t know a lot about cars except where the petrol goes but why give us something to try that isn’t available either? They have the “next model down”. “Does it have wheels I ask?” Car salesmen are not blessed with humour.

Did I mention its eleven sleeps to go AND WE DON’T HAVE A CAR??

Ever patient husband is dealing with the car company today – said company will be relieved it’s not the wife from hell again.

Just to add interest to the car saga our tow bar won’t transfer over. Gary DOESN’T believe the tow bar not fitting is God telling us to sell the van and go to Italy. Poor disillusioned soul.
All this and I haven’t even started the “Are we there yet”s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home