Sunday, July 30, 2006

Van Report

It is with great relief that I hereby report that

i) I did not put a hole in the side of the van (which I might add opens with the ease of a sardine can when run too closely to a tree)
ii) I did not crush the side right light of van to a pulp thereby putting out all the electrical components in said van and car!
iii) I did not rip off the right hand side handle (which had no obvious use anyway and has just added to gaping hole in side of van)
iv) I did not yell, scream, abuse or even utter a sound at time of impact or for sometime afterward

I can thankfully report that I was not behind the wheel of the car at the time of the tree encounter nor was I supposed to be behind the wheel or guiding car and van in any direction. I am completely off the hook and sooooooooooooooooooooo relieved it wasn’t me who caused the latest damage to anything!

We bypassed Kakadu to head into Darwin for repairs - which turned out to be quite minor - and have thoroughly enjoyed our six days in Darwin What a fabulous city! This morning we head into Kakadu for four nights with all lights, Gary etc functioning.

PS Gary has not gone near the ‘snake’ toilet block today even in broad daylight. I suppose he does realise it has friends and it doesn’t just hang out at one particular toilet facility! It’s quite amusing to see a grown large man pale with fright with beads of perspiration standing out on his forehead whilst the little ten year old girl is enthralled with the ‘gracefulness with which the snake moved – it was so beautiful Mummy’!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home