Monday, December 03, 2007

What does this say?

Our usual morning routine includes driving the kids to school, but this took an interesting turn this morning when, after opening the boot for the kids to put their bags in, I opened the driver door to see that the car had been trashed overnight. Someone had popped the locks and in their search for money or other valuables managed to throw every small piece that was not nailed down around the front of the car (I say this because I want to excuse two of the children for what follows!) I commenced to clear up the front of the car enough to sit down while the other three closed the boot and simply jumped into their seats! The child in the front passenger seat (who shall remain nameless but is over 6 feet tall) made a small comment about the state of the car and waited for me to start driving. (Note that at this time my seat was covered in papers, etc!)
Now what does this say about:
1. the state in which the car is normally left?
2. the perceptive abilities of young teenage males?
3. the normal comfortable parameters for living environments for our children?
Fortunately I have long since bothered to leave anything valuable in my car, having had my vehicle entered and searched by unwelcome intruders on numerous previous occasions. Living in the inner city, it is not an uncommon occurrence.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home