Sunday, July 16, 2006

Rachel in the Outback

Rachel in the Outback

*issue 1*
“Back to the shops”

When we arrived back in Alice Springs, the first thing we did was go to Coles. I am obviously not much of a desert person, as I loved being back in a place where you have access to every type of food and utensils possible. I think we over-stocked! *lol*

Anyway, I’m just saying it’s so nice to be back in a place where you can get whatever you want.

Bliss!

We met with some friends of Mum and Dad. While they were have a very very long chat, Sam and I bought a milkshake each. We hadn’t had one of those in ages. To me, it tasted like the best thing in the world. I can’t describe the feeling I felt when I took my first sip. But I can say, it felt really good.

We had finished our milkshakes and Mum and Dad were still talking. Earlier Caleb had found a miniature umbrella, so I took the top off my milkshake and, putting them together, we made a temporary spinning top. That kept us amused.

Caleb and I were finally able to do some sort of sport again. As soon as we got back, we headed straight to the arcade with the table tennis rackets and ball. We really enjoyed having access to exercise once more. We played for ages, not scoring, just having fun. When we eventually had to come back for dinner we were feeling much better after stretching our cramped muscles.

Sleeping tonight was much easier as there was no loud *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* on the roof at four o’clock in the morning like last night. The problem of fitting the shopping in the small pantry would not worry me till morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home